Grooved Kiln (GK) Sticks have revolutionized kiln drying of white woods in Quebec and throughout the world. The GK sticks inhibits stick stain, and guaranties a clear surface on both faces of the board at all times. Sawmills, custom dry kilns, wholesalers, distribution yards, furniture and hardwood component manufacturers are all proud users of this product. - Robert Goodfellow, Vice-President.
J.W. Goodfellow is the manufacturer and distributor in Quebec, Maritimes and all of New England for Grooved Kiln Sticks.
- Does not sticker stain lumber
- Reduces Kiln Down Grade Problems
- Reduces Drying Costs
- Reduces or Eliminates the Need for Dip Treating Lumber
- Increases Kiln Efficiency (air dry longer without stains, less drying time in kilns)
Why Grooved Kiln Sticks?
- Grooved Kiln Sticks are a new design to increase air flow between the stick and the lumber. Many grooves and ridges run across the width of a stick to let air flow freely, unlike fluted sticks that have only one long groove.
GK Sticks allow air to move throughout the lumber pack. Increased air flow reduces
- sticker stain
- dry kiln costs
GK Sticks perform very efficiently for large widths, and high grade lumber.
- GK Sticks are more cost effective than fluted sticks.
- GK Sticks are hassle free
- More than 10 million GK Sticks have been successfully marketed in North America alone.